Ways to Help
LLCGS leans heavily upon contributions so we can serve our members and the public the best way possible. Without your contributions, we would be unable to provide for our educational programs, library, and special projects. Your help enables us to help you. Our society is composed solely of volunteers and it's through them and donations that we are successful in achieving our goals of promoting genealogy, engaging members, and preserving records. By achieving these goals we fulfill our mission of Preserving the Past for Future Generations.
Become a Volunteer
There are many ways to contribute to LLCGS. Your time
and talent is invaluable to ensuring LLCGS meeting our goals and creating quality educational opportunities for our members and the public. Volunteers are the backbone of our society and help by bringing their skills and knowledge making our society successful. There are many ways a volunteer can help!
- Library-assist with preparing and shelving materials, help others use the library and make full use of it for your own research
- Research-select a project of your own or help with queries
- Education-suggest opportunities and help them happen
- Board of Directors-volunteer for a position, serve on a committee
- Special Events-assist with publicity, activities, and implementation
- Information-add to data related to the region
- Scanning and indexing-help preserve records entrusted to our care
- Membership-become a member and help others become involved in LLCGS
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society relies upon its dedicated members and the generosity of individuals to provide needed support for our educational programs and archival operations. Our vision is to provide education and guidance in genealogical research, stimulate and encourage an interest in genealogy and family history, and to promote the collection and preservation of records of historical and/or genealogical value. Your donation will help fulfill our vision to further the study of family history.
Your membership or gift does make a difference.
Help us ensure the families histories of yesterday and today will be preserved so their stories can be told for generations to come.
LLCGS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization so your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for income tax purposes.