LLCGS Membership Benefits
- Monthly newsletter
- Easily contact other members through website
- Monthly meetings/programs designed with membership input
- Access to previous monthly meetings presentations on this website
- Educational opportunities planned with membership input
- Genealogical interest groups (GIGS) formed to exchange ideas related to researching a particular area or utilizing a certain genealogical tool
- Timely email notifications, updates and reminders of special opportunities available (community resources, access to limited-time promotions, upcoming webinars, regional workshops) as well as sharing new discoveries by fellow members
- Notification of library additions, newly donated materials, and opportunity to schedule assisted use of the LLCGS Library
- Free listing of queries and questions
- Consultation about your “brick walls” with other members available at specially scheduled meetings and as part of discussion groups
- Access to the LLCGS surname registry to connect with others searching same ancestors
- Camaraderie with many area residents and visitors who understand why genealogy intrigues you
- Opportunity to participate in special projects that allow participants to learn, help others and have fun
- Connection to a venue where you can volunteer to create data resources that will be used by generations of genealogists and researchers. "Pay it back" to thank the volunteers who have preceded us and contributed greatly to our knowledge of our families' histories.
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society is open to anyone interested in genealogy and history or who has ancestors from this area of Nebraska.
Our monthly membership meetings are open to the public and include an educational program. The Society also publishes a monthly newsletter for its members and maintains a genealogical library that is open to the public for research. The collection is housed in the Ella Johnson Crandall Memorial Library at Union College. The collection provides genealogical resources for those researching ancestry in Nebraska and many other states.